I don’t believe there will be any ocean-dwellers in this post, but there could be! What I meant to say is Wins and Fails, but I don’t like the word Fail. It pisses me off. So there.
*makes note to have a blog post about sea life sometime in the new year*
What happened this year?
For me? Well here’s the good and the bad all in one random list. I know…randomness is a bit annoying. But I couldn’t figure out how to sort them, and even if I could didn’t know which order they should be in. So…randomness wins.
- I never figured out the bait caster. I’ll have to try that again in the spring. I want to be good at fishing, but I don’t want my impatient husband to teach me…so each spring I torment myself with learning new fishing skills.
- I tried to get my 7 year old to teach me all the Presidents of the US. I never learned that in school. He tried. I totally whaled at….eerrrr…failed at retaining them.
- But I can still recite all the States in alphabetical order. (FIN!)
- Most of my kitchen “creations” turned out well this year! (My children might disagree – but who asked ’em?)
- Total writing breakthrough #1! Taking Lessons From Ernest is in the hands of a couple of Agents.
- QueryHell – I’m revising the query because it’s just not a very high request rate. I’m so not good at Queries. *drinks tequila* *pours tequila in the whale’s blow hole* Take that!
- Total writing breakthrough #2! Yet It Will Come is on track to start subbing in the early spring. It was the most challenging thing I’ve ever written and the edits, thanks to awesome beta (Hi Pete!), are taking the book to a new level. It’s a big story, and for a while it was bigger than my ability. I’ve grown as a writer for having tackled it.
- I still can’t whistle. My children can. They whistle often. They tell me to try. They tell me what I’m doing wrong. Mostly I think they love that I can’t whistle and they can. That’s why they like to see me not-whistle.
- I’ve never been good at riding a bike and I won’t even attempt it as an adult. This is something that will never be mentioned again on Experimental Stew – it is something I will not attempt. My clumsy ass plus balance, speed and gravity equal injury. We just don’t mix, K? I pulled enough Hooey’s this year. (possibly more than Hooey!Ssshhh…)
- However, I went rollerskating this year and didn’t bust my ass or sprain an ankle. Go figure!
- Fin! – My chapter titles make me Smile every time I see them. 🙂 *smiles more* *plays Jimmy Buffet song*
- Big photo shoot success for the year – it was a pane, but somebody had to do it!
- Project Whale: my garden! UGH! You’ve never seen such a disaster. If I’d been blogging at the time I would have taken pictures of it, just so you could laugh at me. Fer’real Fail. It was pathetic. I’m ashamed of myself for that.
- I joined Twitter and I started a blog! WTF? 😮 Fin or Whale? I don’t know.
- I traveled a lot this year! I hope I get to do that again in the new year. *waves to my favorite far away travel buddies*
- I turned 40! Hey, it might not sound like an accomplishment, but considering that speed and gravity issue I have, I’d say that’s one hell of an accomplishment.
- I still haven’t gotten the wet nap! ggrrr… (everything good ends in a wet nap!)
- I watched friends get published this year and I did my best to pimp them! 🙂 (Yay! FINS! for published friends!!)
- Whale – I didn’t join their ranks. Let’s just say we’ve saved that for next year, yeah? (What? where would we be without wishful thinking? – *nods to Jeff Tweedy*)
- not so good: My TBR (to be read) pile is growing and I’m not getting anywhere near the bottom of it!
- flip side: it’s never bad to have too many books but I think I may need to put myself on book-buying probation in January. Just sayin’.
And on that note, I suppose I should end this year’s Blogging with one of these!
It’s been a good year and everything good ends in a wet-nap! 🙂
How was your year? Did you earn a wet nap?
Happy Holidays! 🙂